This page is created to share many great short stories.
Everyone can read, contribute with their own short stories or publish here any already existing stories.
Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.
What is a short story?
Shorty story is a literature peace usually written in prose within the range of 1 000 – 20 000 words, usually 1 000 – 4000 words. Stories with less than 1 000 words are considered as short-short stories. According to Edgar Allan Poe, a short story should take 30 minutes to two hours to read therefore it is something that could be read in one sitting.
It features a small cast of named characters and focuses on a self-contained incident with the intent of evoking a “single effect” or mood and covers a short period of time. They usually take place in a single setting and begin ‘in medias res’, which means ‘into the middle of things’. So that is why they tend to begin and end abruptly. However short story is a story with a fully developed theme but significantly shorter and less elaborate than a novel.
The roots of the short story can be found in oral storytelling traditions, such as anecdotes, fables, and fairy tales.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO. DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
What can you do on this website?
- Read short stories categorized by name, genre, popularity or date of publishing
- Comment on any story your thoughts
- Simply log in and publish your own short story or story that you would like to see here
And now, let the world of imagination get you 🙂
You can start reading short stories by choosing:
- your favorite genre: Read short stories by category
- the name of the story: A-Z categorized short stories
- among the most popular: Most popular short stories
- from the top-rated: Top rated short stories
I hope you will enjoy the reading. If you see something that impresses you (or bothers you), leave a comment or contact me.